Are you feeling a bit down in the dumps? Has your motivation gone absent without leave? What is the matter?
I have noticed that many mums seem to be struggling a bit right now. Why is that? Is it the cold weather and the grey skies? Is it because too many mums are striving for perfection? It is difficult when you see people on Twitter or in blogs writing about the emotional angst they are going through. You want to say the right thing but sometimes people just have to find their own path.
I set up Groovy Mums last September to try and help myself and others to live a more positive and fulfilling life. It worked I think or so I hear from those who take part or watch from the sidelines. If you have not yet worked out what Groovy Mums is all about, read this https://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/how-to-be-a-groovy-mum/ and feel free to join in. You can also find our new Twitter account at @groovymums. I get a sense we could do with some newbies to shake things up a bit.
Regular readers will know that each week I pose some optional challenges which might help shift mums into more positive ways of thinking. So here is your food for thought this week.
1. Body – What are you looking at? What can you see differently? On a practical level, how is your eyesight and eye health?
2. Mind – How is your mental health? Are you stuck or if you think really hard, can you find ways to improve things for yourself? What can others do to help you?
3. Spirit – What memories are you making? What would you like your legacy to be?
4. Blogging – Do you think people miss you when you don’t blog? What can you learn from that?
5. Special Days – Valentine’s Day is a week away. Do you acknowledge it? How do you show love on that day or all year round? Who loves you?
6. The Big Question – This is the challenge that is supposed to help you to reflect deeply. This week’s is …
What good are you doing?
The challenges are a bit less wordy than usual but still meaningful I think.
Remember they are optional. You can link up any post here that relates to changing your life for the better. We all have our own individual ways of finding our va-va voom.