It is the time to celebrate my reasons to be cheerful this week.
1. Yesterday I had a day out in London with my 11 year old son. It was great to have some one on one time with him. We attended a blogger event and I did not know anyone there although knew their blogs of course. Although my usual shy self, I don’t think I did too badly in terms of chatting to people. My son was amazing talking of films, history and social networking. We bought cheap and cheerful gifts for the other two children so everybody was happy.
2. My son and daughter are doing so well with their swimming every weekend and are now jumping in happily and have forgotten all about armbands. We have decided that after this series of lessons, we will take them ourselves and join in the fun.
3. I am feeling upbeat about BritMums Live next week. OK, so I am speaking, but how much damage can I realistically do. It will be fine and the more I meet bloggers, the more I realise how most people are genuinely warm and wishing you well. I have new shoes as I ended up not able to walk in my boots yesterday so got some flat shoes. I have various outfits from the charity shop to try on. I need a haircut and then I am all set. If you want to find me for some reason, I will be at the Give As You Live stand at 1.45pm on the Saturday and am trying to work out a way to persuade people to come and say hello and find out more. All suggestions welcome.
4. I made a decision to not waste any more time on one particular issue. Sometimes things cannot be resolved and you have to let them go.
5. I get the sense that Him Indoors is getting very committed to me having a life of my own and doing all he can to facilitate that. This makes me cheerful as I want new chapters but want him by my side too.
6. I feel we are making use of the land this year both in terms of growing vegetables and by getting out there to play badminton and so on.
I am sure there are lots of things I have forgotten but that goes to show that life is pretty happy right now.
Now pop over to http://mdplife.blogspot.com to meet some very positive bloggers sharing their smiles.
Sounds like this week is a good week all in all. It was also very lovely to meet you!
I’m glad you enjoyed meeting other bloggers with your son, how lovely! Have a fantastic time at BritMums, maybe next year I will be brave enough to come and join in xx
It was great meeting you on Thursday and I wouldn’t of known you were shy at all and yes your son was great, I learnt a lot from him x
Sounds like a lovely list of R2BCs. Well done on branching out and trying new things. Hope you have a fab time at Brit mums. Good luck! What was the conference you went to this week?
All sounding good Kate, not long til Friday now…. Mich x
Lots of great reasons this week. Good luck with Brit Mums, it sounds like great fun.