There is so much to say about BritMums Live but, for today, I thought I would talk about the worst bits of my weekend.
1. The journey down from Yorkshire was a nightmare with bad visibility and so much rain. Despite getting up at 5am and setting off before 6am, I was badly delayed.
2. My dress on the first day which I had not worn before blowing up at even the slightest breeze. Marilyn Monroe I am not.
3. Walking into the Brewery venue and my glasses steaming up. Susanna from BritMums seeing my Milly Molly Mandy like entrance came womanfully to the rescue.
4. Not being able to find my badge on the table for speakers and wondering if being asked to speak was indeed an April Fool.
5. Sitting on a small croc and wondering if I really had **** myself. It was actually a clue that I had won a pair of Crocs Wellies.
6. Having so much free wine that when I linked up with Him Indoors all thoughts of our planned romantic dinner disappeared and I crashed on the bed.
7. Seeing myself in the bathroom mirror in the hotel on emerging from the shower. Why was the lighting so unforgiving? Why is my tummy such an over-hanging, lumpy, bumpy let down?
8. The moments before my first speaking session. Think I was not the only person who thought I was going to bottle it completely. Thank you panel members and Michelle from BritMums for somehow getting me through it. Shout-out to Sarah Brown too for possibly the best advice on public-speaking I have ever heard. A big emphasis on being yourself and not trying to be perfect. Being myself I can pull off was my mantra throughout my sessions.
9. Being reminded of why law was never the right career choice for me in one of the workshops.
10. The moment when on getting up from my panel member seat at the Blogging for Happiness session, I realised a boob had escaped from my maxi dress and worse I was not wearing a bra. Hoping nobody noticed as imagine it was not a pretty sight.
So there you have the bad bits a lot of which were good in some ways. Tomorrow, you get my best bits and no boobies.
Lovely to hear the ‘real’ bits, I’m sure lots of people felt the same. Your ‘Judy Finnigan’ moment will keep me chuckling for a while, with you not at you of course 🙂
Gives a whole new meaning to the term hangout session
I really enjoyed your Blogging for Happiness session. Didn’t spot the wardrobe malfunction!
My boobs also have a mind of their own, haha!
Hope you still had a great weekend, regardless!
You had me chuckling in my chair this morning Kate, on reading this! Great post–and no, I didn’t notice the wardrobe malfunction! I have to say no one would EVER guess you were at all nervous for your sessions, you looked cool, calm and collected. You managed the panel like a pro. Seriously. You looked very experienced at it!! It was a pleasure to work with you this weekend. x
No boob spotted you will be pleased to hear. Mine misbehave similarly so glad to know I am not alone
Thanks for your comments Trish and Lauren. Amazing what a shawl will cover up nicely.
We need to talk about these things. Maybe we need a let it all hangout Hangout!
Thanks Michelle. I have not had one single negative comment about my speaking and am therefore in a mild state of shock. Also, now you have said it was OK, I believe it was as I trust you not to flannel me. Was fab to work with you too.
Hi Cari – Who knew there were so many of us? Thanks for the comment
It was lovely to meet you right at the end of the weekend, you have me laughing over my lunch with your wardrobe malfunction!
Very good in a bad kinda way !! Really hoping to start my own blog soon – any advice ? @emmaann32
Lmao, I was at that session and no I did not cop an eyeful of boob! Mich x
Yes, it was fab to meet you too Chris. Had so wanted to do so and also to see you getting an award. Always very impressed by your efforts.
Pingback: What Are This Week’s Reasons To Be Cheerful? | Kate on Thin Ice And Groovy Mums