Tuning in as usual to celebrate the things that are positive in my life right now. Some cheerful souls are working to a theme of things beginning with the letter “N” this week so let’s see …
1. New House – We get the keys and start the moving in process on Saturday. 4 bedroomed detached in town with lovely kitchen, dining room and lounge. There is a utility room to hide the unsightly stuff in. The bathroom is a glorious affair. There is loads of storage in terms of fitted wardrobes and cupboards. Anyone who knows me knows just how much I need places to put things.
2. New Term – Hands up anyone who is not looking forward to the new school term. I love my little darlings but 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 6 weeks is a little too much for my nerves to handle. Even more reason to smile is that the new house is on the same street as school. Result!
3. New Volunteering Opportunities – I am toying with the idea of training as a Home-start volunteer but will have to do some fancy footwork childcare wise to make this possible. You would think they would make training sessions fit in with the real needs of parents wouldn’t you? I may also pursue the charity shop volunteering again now that I will be only 5 minutes walk from said charity shop.
4. New School – My eldest son is going to secondary school so a whole new chapter is opening up for him. He will reconnect with some friends he has a year above him at school who he has missed so much in the last 12 months. We are hoping bullying will be tackled more effectively in this school too.
5. New Baby – Just after I did Reasons to be Cheerful last weeks saying there was bound to be happiness just round the corner. an email came from my stepdaughter to let me know she is expecting her first baby next February.
We are, of course, all devestated that my Dad is not long for this world but Dad wants me to adapt to life changes with courage and seek out the good so that is what I am doing.
Here’s to a new life in so many ways.