When did I last celebrate all the good stuff? It is high time I got back to telling my happy stuff once a week.
So what are reasons to smile this week?
1. I have just had a haircut, it is very short and snazzy. I intend to colour it after the hairdresser referred to my grey hair. I shot her a look and she said “Well, let’s call it glitter”. Yes let’s but perhaps more drastic action is required. I am thinking purple.
2. More than a month has passed since Dad died and I feel like I am turning that corner where life becomes bearable again.
3. I published some of my boudoir photographs yesterday https://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/should-you-have-some-boudoir-photography-done/ and not one person left a nasty comment about me being fat, ugly or whatever.
4. I decided to dig deep and actually say out loud what I think about the Jimmy Saville controversy here https://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/its-time-we-fixed-it-my-reflections-on-the-jimmy-saville-controversy/
5. I am going to Butlins as an ambassador next week. My family so needs this holiday after the insanity of the last 4 months. My husband used to be a Redcoat in his youth so we hope to see him transform into My Fun Guy when we get there. Or possibly Glamarous Grandad.
6. Only another day of school runs. I don’t know what it is but I rarely enjoy these, something about having to be in the same place at the same time day in and day out annoys me.
7. I start a new role next week and I am very excited about it.
8. Finally, I have some rather lovely new blog followers some of whom are clearly kindred spirits and that warms my soul.
Now pop over to Mich at http://mdplife.blogspot.com amd check out some other chirpy folks.