Is it possible to seize control of your life and change it for the better?
Is it hard to do that as a mum with all the juggling you have to do. Some of us are determined things can get better and we share our stories on our blogs and connect on Twitter. You are most welcome to join us whatever your individual aspirations are.
So what have I done to get grooving this week?
1. I have injected some colour into my life with an orange scarf and some turquoise jewellery. I have always loved the colour orange. I also feel women that wear scarves tend to have life sussed a lot better than me. They always look stylish and cool. So I am wondering if I might get into collecting scarves in bright colours. What do you think?
2. I am saying both yes and no more. So I am allowing myself to spend when I see something I fancy instead of ploughing all money into everybody else. I am saying no to commitments that don’t serve me and am seriously considering giving up one altogether.
3. I am eating far more healthily although have had fairly major slip-ups usually when frustrated by something. I am very much an emotional eater. How about you?
4. I seriously thought about exercise and got a Davina dvd and a pedometer. Of course, me being me, I have not reached the dizzy heights of rocket science that involve putting the dvd on or attaching the pedometer to myself. As we say baby steps and even buying them shows some movement in the right direction.
5. I am continuing to grow into my role doing social media work for BritMums. There is a lot to take in but I do feel I am getting there. You will find me on the Twitter BritMums feed a fair amount so do pop by and say hello.
6. I am collating my Dad’s memoirs of his time in the police over at http://policemanslot.wordpress.com and have identified a social history network and promoted to some people I think might be interested. I think they could be gold dust to students of history or anyone with an interest in policing.
So please do blog about what you are up to on the improving your daily life front. You can link up here https://kateonthinice.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/get-grooving/ and I will promote your post and encourage others to do so.
I leave you with these thoughts.
How can you inject some colour into your life?
What do you need to say yes to?
What could you give up that would benefit you?
Could you write an interesting memoir of your life? If yes, get on with it. If not, perhaps it’s time to shake things up a bit.
Over to you. Same time next week?
My aims for the coming week.
1. Put some effort into seeking freelance work in copywriting and social media.
2. Continue improving on the healthy eating and exercise front.
3. Writing some more words for my novel.
4, Smiling more and crying less.