I think the most cheerful thought I have at the moment is that it is nearly the weekend. A combination of illness and wet weather has made for a less than ideal Half Term break.
It is Thursday so it is time to focus on the positives and there are as always plenty of those if you look hard enough.
1. I am giving away a ticket to BritMums Live via my Naked Mum blog at http://nakedmum.co.uk I have wanted to do this for a while and after a little bit of luck decided it was high time I paid it forward. I am really excited at the idea of someone going to BritMums Live who thought they could not do so and getting as much out of it as I did last year.
2. My husband came second in his recent job interview and the successful candidate has more directly relevant experience so it was a fair decision. The feedback was good and he felt positive about getting back to interviews and moving forwards in life. Also we now know the terms of the redundancy are a little less panic-stricken about it all now we are over the immediate shock.
3. The children seem to have squabbled their way through the week. I am looking forward to doing something really fun at the weekend and then waving the little darlings back to school next week.
4. I have my travel, accommodation and ticket all sorted for BritMums Live. I will be footloose and fancy free on the Friday night and then the family will drive down and we will do something fun in London on the Saturday night and Sunday.
5. I am pleased with the results of recent efforts I have made on the work front.
6. I lost another pound this week although have to admit to being in a comfort eating frame of mind today.
7. I sorted my hallway out and it looks lovely now when you come in the front door. My lovely Monk’s bench is the first thing I see on entering the house and I like that very much.
8. I co-hosted the #foodforthought Twitter party for BritMums with @savethechildrenuk. Thanks if you came along to the wonderful chat about children’s books and the joy of reading. We also covered the shocking statistics on the impact poor nutrition has on children’s cognitive development and future life chances. You can find out lots more here and I would encourage you to visit some of the blogs linked up for their take on the report. If you feel inspired to help raise awareness of this issue drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can let you have some resources that might help with that.
9. My husband told me last night that not only is my life improving but that I am getting my sassy attitude back which is what attracted him to me in the first place.
10. Did I mention it is nearly the weekend and very almost the end of Half Term?
Linking up with Mich over at Mummy from the Heart who every week encourages us all to look on the bright side of life.
Hope the job situation gets better for both of you soon and that you enjoy the rest of the half term break x
My half term has been a let down too. I don’t want to send her back but have to stick to the rules until we have our resources sorted I guess!
What a lovely positive post, can’t wait to meet you at Brit mums live. Such a generous thing to do, giving a ticket away x
oh wow, bearing in mind how you started the post you still managed 10 reasons, good for you! Hope you all have a blast at Britmums, I would love to go but couldn’t get hubby to pay for the flight! 😉
Great Reasons Kate. Well Done on losing a pound, and to Hubby for his positive job interview x
Isn’t that lovely when the other half gives you a compliment and that sounds like a biggy 🙂
GREAT reasons to be cheerful x
Hope your husband finds some work soon, my OH is in the same position so I know how frustrating it can be.
Roll on the weekend! Hope you have something nice planned?
I was ready for mien to go back to school too! Hope this week is a great one for you, see you in a couple of weeks at BML! Mich x