We are shortly going to enter our Halloween party at home but I have just a few minute to acknowledge my reasons to be cheerful.
1. We were away in London at the weekend watching my youngest son do his filming for a Tesco Christmas advertisement. We have enjoyed this whole process very much as it has provided a bit of light relief to all the current job-seeking stress and so on. Suffice to say, a star was born. I don’t think the team believed us when we said he had never done anything like this before. He has oodles of charisma and self-confidence. In fact, I am very envious of him in that regard.
2. We also had a trip to the Norfolk coast and an unexpected stay in a very lovely hotel in King’s Lynn. The boys loved jumping in and out of the sea and skimming pebbles into it. We watched wind surfers, ate ice creams and enjoyed time in a new place. Then we went to a lavender farm and a soft play centre before heading home.
3. Our car is playing up but the mechanic who has looked at it reckons it won’t cost much to fix. Hoping this proves to be the case as a big car bill is the last thing we need right now.
4. My brother seems delighted to help us with dog-sitting when we need it which is a big deal when you have our lovely Weimaraner whose only issue is separation anxiety.
5. It is Half-Term and not having the pressure of early starts, book-bag paperwork mountains and uniforms is always a joy.
6. After a couple of very down days, I bounced back and had two very productive days and motivated my husband to do the same. Some of the good results from this are 4 job interviews for him next week which gives us hope of a good change to our circumstances hopefully in the not too distant future.
7. We took time out for a visit to a new park today and then a pub lunch and charity shop afternoon.
8. Halloween madness is in full swing with the house decorated and party food either ready or on its way via Daddy and the supermarket. We plan to watch a family film, play spooky music and listen to ghost stories. My daughter has had Halloween make-up and outfit on all day.
9. We have something fun planned for the weekend which I hope will feature in next week’s reasons to be cheerful.
Thanks to all those who pulled me out of the doldrums this week.