I am feeling OK this week. I am starting to get used to life with a job-seeking husband. Nearly every day involves a job interview, a job rejection and another job interview offered. In the end, you just have to detach a little from it emotionally and treat is as an amusing game.
So let’s smile and move forward reflecting on the positives.
1. My husband has had more interviews this week. He seems to have very narrowly missed out on a job offer last week. The organisation who interviewed him emailed him yesterday with details of some other jobs coming up with them. I am taking from that that they probably want him to apply and that has to be a good thing. That living by the sea thing might yet happen.
2. A little news that has come my way means the wolf is backing off from the door a little at least in the short-term.
3. My youngest son has a fabulous time at a friend’s birthday party at the weekend.
4. My daughter is all excited about donating her shoebox of goodies for someone less fortunate than herself. She is also very fired up for pyjama day at school for Children in Need tomorrow.
5. My husband was away last night and my son spent a lot of time with me chilling, watching telly and chatting. It was really lovely to have some one-on-one quality time with him.
6. There are advantages to having my husband at home more often. He does the school runs when he can so I actually enjoy the ones I do rather than feeling chained to them. He is helping more with housework and is a demon steam-cleaner. We have time to talk and to remember why we got together in the first place. We have little trips out with the dog and sneaky breakfasts in town.
7. I also feel my husband now has time to think about me a little more. He walked in with a new Winter coat for me the other day totally out of the blue. It was perfect and this from someone who struggles to buy gifts. He has suggested I go to the theatre on Friday.
8. We have rescued a stray cat. My husband found it and decided we should try and give it a home. It is the weirdest looking thing but very affectionate and lovely.
So there you have it.
I swear when my husband finally had a job offer, I will post a reasons to be cheerful in block capitals.
In the meantime, I hope you have a marvellous week.
Sounds like you managed to find some fabulous positives, amongst all you are going through xx
so glad that you are finding so much to be cheerful about, I do so hope that job is around the corner! thanks for joining in
Yaay for banishing the wolf, hopefully for good! And lots of other lovely family news too – especially the way that job hunting is helping your relationship with your husband – so important xx
I can’t believe your husband managed to pick you a lovely coat by himself?! Mine would never be ale to do that! Deffo a keeper 🙂
I am always impressed by the way you are able to use R2BC to reflect on the positives. My OH is at home at the moment a lot, and it is lovely even with the worry it causes! Though I’ve yet to get him to do housework! Keeping fingers perpetually crossed for you both.
Although you are anxious about the job situation you have really collected some heart-warming thoughts together here. I particularly like that you’re getting a chance for quality time with your husband and sneaky breakfasts in town. I also love the image of this weird but affectionate stray cat you have adopted!
The right job will happen – just hang on in there! How cute about the cat xxx
A new cat, theatre and sneaky breakfasts out, there is something to be said for him being home right now but I know how important it is that he gains a job and I pray it comes soon. Mich x