I am feeling OK this week. I am starting to get used to life with a job-seeking husband. Nearly every day involves a job interview, a job rejection and another job interview offered. In the end, you just have to detach a little from it emotionally and treat is as an amusing game.
So let’s smile and move forward reflecting on the positives.
1. My husband has had more interviews this week. He seems to have very narrowly missed out on a job offer last week. The organisation who interviewed him emailed him yesterday with details of some other jobs coming up with them. I am taking from that that they probably want him to apply and that has to be a good thing. That living by the sea thing might yet happen.
2. A little news that has come my way means the wolf is backing off from the door a little at least in the short-term.
3. My youngest son has a fabulous time at a friend’s birthday party at the weekend.
4. My daughter is all excited about donating her shoebox of goodies for someone less fortunate than herself. She is also very fired up for pyjama day at school for Children in Need tomorrow.
5. My husband was away last night and my son spent a lot of time with me chilling, watching telly and chatting. It was really lovely to have some one-on-one quality time with him.
6. There are advantages to having my husband at home more often. He does the school runs when he can so I actually enjoy the ones I do rather than feeling chained to them. He is helping more with housework and is a demon steam-cleaner. We have time to talk and to remember why we got together in the first place. We have little trips out with the dog and sneaky breakfasts in town.
7. I also feel my husband now has time to think about me a little more. He walked in with a new Winter coat for me the other day totally out of the blue. It was perfect and this from someone who struggles to buy gifts. He has suggested I go to the theatre on Friday.
8. We have rescued a stray cat. My husband found it and decided we should try and give it a home. It is the weirdest looking thing but very affectionate and lovely.
So there you have it.
I swear when my husband finally had a job offer, I will post a reasons to be cheerful in block capitals.
In the meantime, I hope you have a marvellous week.