After taking time out as a stay at home mum, I am now open to new work opportunities. To find out more about Kate the person, check out my About Me page.
So here is what I have done/can do. A working life review if you like.
1. I have advised members of the public on issues such as debt, welfare benefits, housing, employment and relationship matters.
2. I have negotiated with third parties (creditors, landlords, employers, government agencies) on clients’ behalf.
3. I have represented clients at court and tribunal hearings. The most satisfying cases were the ones where I saved someone’s house or got them a backdated cheque for unpaid benefits.
4. I have devised public relations strategies for a number of organisations. My latest success was trending as number 2 on Twitter in a #groovymums party.
5. I have given talks on a wide range of topics and to diverse audiences.
6. I have written advice columns.
7. I have promoted the goods, concepts and volunteering opportunities within charity shops.
8. I have gained significant media coverage in newspapers, magazines and newsletters.
9. I have given interviews on radio and television.
10. I have organised a Fashion Show for a charity.
11. I have promoted volunteering and active citizenship in cities, towns and villages.
12. I have organised events to recognise the social and economic value of volunteers.
13. I have linked potential volunteers with volunteering opportunities in a wide range of public and third sector settings.
14. I have organised several charity fairs.
15. I have organised several craft fairs.
16. I have promoted the concept of Action Learning as a tool of personal, professional and organisational development.
17. I have organised on-going Action Learning Sets (groups) for the voluntary sector and also some multi-sector groups.
18. I have contributed content for websites.
19. I have written a guide to Action Learning. It even has an ISBN number!
20. I have organised 3 big conferences with venues such as a sports stadium, a private prison and a tourist attraction.
21. I have brought together players from the private, public and voluntary sector looking at how they can share resources and work effectively together whilst breaking down cultural dissonance.
22. I have established a e-bulletin that is valued in the criminal justice sector to this day.
23. I have raised funds from trust and the corporate sector.
24. I have acted a a trustee of a women’s refuge
25. I have delivered training on issues such as law, government policy, media relations, volunteering and learning tools.
26. I have recruited, trained, supervised and supported volunteers in a variety of settings.
27. I have published a local magazine for mums.
28. I have written reviews of goods and services.
29. I have blogged and am on shortlists for the Brilliance in Blogging and the MAD Awards. I have a great level of engagement and hundreds of subscribers/followers.
So I guess number 30 has to be ….
I am interested mainly in promoting goods, causes and concepts. I like to write articles and fiction too. I have considerable experince of producing effective press releases and feature material. I have the ability to run Twitter parties and see them trending thus helping to raise the profile of the organisation concerned.
You can contact me on email@example.com where I look forward to hearing how we might work together.