Here is something to mark the end of 2011.
If you would like to take part, look back at 2011 and answer the following questions in a blog post. Then tag some other bloggers (as few or as many as you like) who you would like to take part. Leave me a comment when you have joined in so I can check out your post. Simples.
1. What was your happiest event?
Going to see “We Will Rock You” at Leeds Grand Theatre with Him Indoors, a birthday treat from my lovely Dad.
2. What was the saddest thing to happen?
Hearing about my stepdaughter and the loss of her longed-for baby to miscarriage.
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did?
Being invited to speak at Britmums Live.
4. Who let you down?
All the adult males close to me in different ways. One with evil intent and two with thoughtlessness. Two get a second chance, one does not do so.
5. Who supported you?
Two friends from school, all 3 of my stepdaughters but one in particular, lots of bloggers who hopefully know who they are. The ones who comment, the ones who pick me up when I am down, the ones that challenge my thinking and the ones that make me laugh at myself.
6. Tell us one thing you learned
That is is far more difficult to get involved in volunteering than it should be.
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh
Yesterday when a harrassed waitress asked Him Indoors what was on the menu after a customer on another table asked her. She was just like Julie Walters in Acorn Antiques and I could not switch off the giggles for about 20 minutes. OK, so you had to be there.
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry
Having to face up the fact that my brother hates me and my family. Better to know though.
9. Tell us three things your child or children did to make you feel proud.
Learning to read, improving handwriting standards, singing at Sheffield Arena.
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself.
Setting up the Grooving Mums Blog Hop and reaching out to others who want to get their va va voom back.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame
Actually getting to grips with turning healthy eating into a lifestyle choice rather than short-term dieting.
12. Tell us three things you would like to change about your life in 2011
I would like to learn to drive.
I would like to make my own money.
I would like to get slimmer
Now over to special bloggers to see what they want to share about 2011, the year that was. They are a mix of people I have engaged with before and new folks too.